HOW WE CAN HELP
The heart of our work is sharing and developing equitable practices and strategies that connect students to curriculum. We partner with you to find and implement strong resources to give students relevant entry points一making teaching strategies and best practices that much more effective.
We’re excited to learn how we can support your goals.
Want to discuss a project or a need? Schedule a 30 minute Intro Call to talk through details or ask questions. If you already know exactly what you need, send an email!
WORKSHOPS & WEBINARS
The educators that you work with deserve the best training that you can give them. Our customized learning experiences help you and your team reflect on your current practice and learn new tools to support students individually through the lens of culture, identity, and agency by:
- Instructional Planning: Culturally Relevant Literacy Strategies for all students
- Small Group: Identifying students’ needs in literacy
- Goal Setting: Matching resources/curriculum to student goals
- Writing: A student-centered approach to improving students’ ability to express themselves
- Assessment: Leveraging formative, summative, and diagnostic measures to improve student achievement
- Data: Making data-driven decisions that meet students’ needs
- Curriculum Writing
LARGE GROUP LEARNING
With years of experience teaching and leading, Towanda can prepare and deliver an inspiring keynote designed to educate or motivate whichever educators you’re working with. These are typically 45-60 minutes and can cover a wide range of topics to suit the event and audience.
Looking for more intensive support and a true partner to coach and train your educators? Towanda is available to work with districts and schools in a 1-on-1 capacity. Get guidance on text selection, teaching methods, unit planning, real time coaching and general literacy skill development.
It was an amazing day of learning. The entire session was so relaxed and interactive. I enjoyed learning together. We had time to collaborate and time with think partners to build upon ideas and thoughts.